Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Atma-Shatakam by Adi Shankaracharya

Om Chidanandroopam Shivoham Shivoham ...
I used to hear these mantras while recovering and still hear them when I need solace from this maddening world .... I find peace after hearing it and my heart and soul knows that all will be well.
Though I don't know the exact translation of this powerful shloka ...
The shlokas themselves very soothing. embalming the spirit and soul ...


I'm hearing them again and rediscovering my self once again.... 

"Many a time I have lost my self ...
Many a time I have found my self in the silent swaying of the cool summer breeze,
In the silent whisper of a bud and the dancing leaves... 
In the gurgling of a little baby and the joyful laughter of children....
I have found my self in the twittering of birds merrily singing, perched atop trees...

I have found my self in the breaking a new dawn. 
I have found my self in the promise of a new morn.


In Prayers and in Silence I have found my self again ...
Copyright Madhavi Sood alias Madhavi Mohandas 2013.

No comments: