Monday, May 5, 2014

'True Life' - a poem from my book 'From the Silence Within'

"True Life"  10th May' 2000  
(Published in my book 'From the Silence Within' available in Crossword and via  Amazon, uRead websites.

Will I mark my time unheard, unwept, unsung?
Will I like all the others before me, simply be washed ashore?
Or will I ride over the currents; and the striking waves.
Plummeting, pummeling against jarring rocks.
Reach out onto distant lands and shores.

I can feel the tide sweeping over the sand.
Dragging me, drowning me at times.
Will I manage to get a foothold?
Will I be able to swim my way through?


Fleeting thoughts of rest and heavens beckon me.
But how can I lie down, while so much is yet to be accomplished ?
And those deep blue seas no longer fill me with awe.
For I know I have to dive deep down below.

Swimming, diving, searching the yawning depths.
I am sure one day I’ll find those precious quaint pearls.
And living, swimming; managing to keep afloat.
I realize what this means to be of True Life …

© Madhavi Sood alias Madhavi Mohandas 2012.
Published in my book ‘From the Silence Within’

Available via Amazon, uRead, Bookchums sites and in Oxford and Crossword book stores PAN India.

No comments: